EA’s Credit Recovery School
ECHO is a credit recovery high school program.
EA’s ECHO program provides students with the opportunity to earn their high school credits in a small group setting with a blended learning system.
An ECHO student:
- needs a flexible setting where they can work at their own pace with the guidance of a teacher in the classroom
- may need an alternative learning environment due to suspension or expulsion
- is in grades 9-12 (junior high can be accommodated)
- may or may not have an IEP
- may use REACH Behavioral Health for therapeutic support and individual counseling
Over 90% students enrolled in the ECHO program earn their high school diploma on time.
ECHO Classroom Features
ECHO students set their own pace and work faster than in a traditional classroom setting, but still have the benefit of a teacher for additional support.
Blended Learning Environment
EA is the place that made my daughter fall in love with school and learning … She is 180 degree turned in a positive direction, and I am forever grateful for EA.
– Valeri L., Springfield Parent
My experience at EA has been great; I have no complaints. My son’s behavior has gotten a lot better. EA has a lot more patience with him than other schools, you don’t just send him home or kick him out.
– Ozie G., Elyria Parent
It’s the best decision we made. It was a hard decision to make – at first, you think you want them to stay in regular school. This the school for her, though. It meets all her needs.
– Jackie M., Elyria Parent
EA helped my son tremendously. He used to have outbursts at home, couldn’t stay at daycare, couldn’t be in public school, and was getting in trouble with police. Now he doesn’t even need his medication anymore because he’s able to use coping mechanisms that they’ve taught him.