Educational Aide (Ravenna)
Educational Aide (Ravenna)
- September 24, 2019
- Posted by: Lauren Sabino
Education Alternatives is seeking an Educational Aide for the Ravenna location, Vision Quest program. The Educational Aide will assist the teacher/coordinator to achieve teaching objectives by working with individual students or small groups to help them achieve skill levels as designated on lEP's. Assists the multi handicapped student with personal health care and behavioral needs within the educational setting as determined by the child's IEP.
Education and/or Experience:
- Teacher Aide certificate preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in working with the disabled
- Physical ability to life, position and assist handicapped students
- Knowledge of computer adaptive technology
- Experience in health care related filed preferred
Schedule and Working Conditions:
- The job follows a standard school schedule for a total of 187 work days in a year
- Occasional exposure to blood, body fluids and tissue
- Occasional interaction among unruly children
- Works with students individually and in small groups as directed by teacher.
- Takes charge of classroom for short period of time when teacher is called out of classroom.
- Checks notebooks, corrects papers, supervises testing and make-up work, collects data for IEP, etc. as assigned by teacher.
- Assists with supervision of children at recess, restroom breaks, lunch, community training and mainstream classes as needed.
- Prepares materials for class projects, assists in maintaining bulletin boards, duplicates materials for class, and compiles and maintains inventory records.
- Operates and cares for equipment used in classroom for instructional purposes.
- Serves as chief source of information and help to any substitute teacher assisted in the absence of the regular teacher.
- Maintain confidentiality of all client information and records
- Comply with all agency policies and procedures including CARF
- Becomes an integral part of the team by participating in meetings about the student, providing insight and information regarding student and implementing team decisions.
- Serves as a role model for students in how to conduct themselves as citizens and as responsible members of the school community.
- Seeks to improve personal and organizational performance by measuring and monitoring outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assists students with personal care needs which may include, but not limited to:
- Assisting students in the catheterization process
- Assisting students in utilization of restroom facilities and diapering
- Assisting students in transferring to and from wheelchair, prone board, walkers and other equipment
- Assisting students in moving to and from classes
- Assisting with feeding of students
- Administering medication per school policy
- Administering first aid to children if necessary